A visit to Tybee Island is sure to give your hearts a flutter and when it’s around Valentine’s Day, it’s even easier to let your love grow. Here are our five ways for Tybee to enhance your romance!
1. Pop some tags. Every couple loves to steal away for out of town love trysts, so give the experience even more value by Shopping For Your Perfect Match and finding that perfect one of a kind memento during a leisurely stroll along the Tybee City Wide Yard Sale!
2. Give your special weekend a soundtrack by taking in a live performance at Tybee Post Theater. We suggest Ladies of the Blues opening Saturday, February 13. Savannah legend Huxsie Scott will share the stage with the talented Danielle Hicks and their playlist will be full of emotion, passion and excitement! Tickets are $25 general admission; $22.50 for Theater members.
3. Tide one on. That’s right. Get up before dawn. Wrap up in a quilt. Make goo-goo eyes and kissy faces to a Tybee sunrise on the beach from the north end or the south end, from the Tybee Pier and Pavilion or from the Back River. Keep it squishy and mushy all day with a Tybee Beach Ecology trip or unplug with a Sundial Charters tour to Little Tybee. Just remember to make a date for an equally spectacular sunset.
4. Don’t worry. It’s like riding a bicycle. Literally. Rent bikes and hit the trails or you can run or walk the island, too. Rent a kayak for two or stand up and make ripples with your paddle boards. It’s your romantic getaway. Do what you like to do.
5. Get a second opinion. Who loves you, baby? Well, we know of a swami who can tell you why your sweetie pie makes you swoon. At Seaside Sisters: Tarot, Truffles, & Trinkets, you can reserve your sitting with a tarot card reader on Saturday, February 13th and enjoy sinfully good truffles, a fabulous necklace giveaway, and a chance to win 2 tickets to the Post Theater “Ladies of Blues” show!
So, these are our five ways Tybee can enhance your romance and they’re great for solo travelers, too. Again, it’s your journey. Maybe you take a path of leash resistance and make it a pet friendly getaway with your furmaid. Enjoy it with someone who gets you and help us spread the love. Book two or more nights for a Valentine’s Day getaway by Sunday, February 16, 2016 and we’ll add another two nights at no charge! Happy Valentine’s Day from Mermaid Cottages!
(New reservations only, please. May not be combined with other discounts. Based upon availability.)