Let’s give them something to walk about on Tybee Island! It’s easy to enjoy the sun and the sand and the ocean, but did you know our little barrier island is vitally important to our overall marine ecology and environment? Find just the right walk about tour for you and you’ll be amazed at how thrilling and interesting our little hamlet by the sea really is.
Join in for a Turtle Talk with our friends at Tybee Island Marine Science Center and tour their Coastal Gallery:
Turtle Talk… read more
Here are six signs Tybee Island is the best place to visit in November. Fall brings cooler temperatures, fewer crowds, less traffic and just the right rhythm to our little hamlet by the sea. It’s the perfect time to enjoy girls getaways, sistercations, lots of family fun, couples retreats, babymoons, mancations and even private solace for solo travelers. Everyone can enjoy our cottage charm and coastal calm. … read more
Dish with MKA at SSS and support MOW, too! It’s a recipe for a whole casserole of fun and hilarity and you’re the only other ingredient we need!
Well, seeing as Seaside Sisters is the best little shore house on Tybee Island, it’s just even more delicious when Mary Kay Andrews comes to visit. Our favorite New York Times best selling author has written… read more
Some of the best things in life are free on Tybee Island. Live a little or live a lot when you visit. Life comes with its own soundtrack. Tybee helps give it a quirky beat. It’s a place to just be when your heart needs a hug. It’s just right for family fun, girls getaways, mancations, solo travels, pet friendly adventures and bucket lists. These are a few of our favorite things. Follow our lead and then make them your own.
1. You can write a sonnet about your pretty beach bonnet. Snap a photo of yourself posing in front of a vintage cottage while wearing your charming beach chapeau. Be styling in your beach wear chic that’ll have you featured in the rotogravure, for sure.
2. Relax and get in the swing of things. Some are perched high atop a wraparound porch and others plop down from giant tree boughs. You’re never too old to kick off your flip flops and swing your feet while sharing laughs and memories in a swing…. read more
Photo: Tybee Island Pirate Fest
This year’s Tybee Island Pirate Fest is October 28-30, 2016! Ole Hurricane Matthew blew the original dates right off of our social calendar, but hey, pirates want to have fun, too. There’s no way we’re gonna miss marauding, pillaging and grogging, either!
We’ve got our wench wear and pirate garb all laid out for all the fun and now we need you to come join us! Book your cottage for Pirate Fest and you’ll be in for a huge share of our available pirates’ booty. Book two nights and we’ll throw in another two nights as our guests. Just think, even if you can’t get here before Friday, with this special you can add Thursday night as one of your two free nights. This way, you can check in any time after 4 p.m. on Thursday. Then, even if you can’t stay over Sunday night, adding Sunday as your other free night means you’ll have a late checkout on Sunday. Spend all day at the beach and then head for home later in the day.
Photo: Tybee Island Pirate Fest
Here’s how easy it is to get two free nights. Book two nights and tell us you want the Pirate Fest Stay … read more
Photo by Thrasher Photography
Y’all come get schooled on our Tybee Cool. It’s that time of year when everyone starts thinking about reading, riding and arithmetic. Mermaid Cottages says there’s time for that later and right now is the perfect time to be thinking about reefing, riding and other Tybee Island tips! We’ve got recreation you can… read more
Tybee Island: What, When & Wear in May is full of great tips to make your Sun Days the best fun days during your visit! The Mermaid Cottages mermaids and our cottage management teams have been working with our cottage owners to update, redo, fluff and stuff our happy homes by the sea with everything you’ll need for your girls getaways, mancations, vacations, weddings and babymooners‘ visits. With mild temperatures, clean beaches, arts, entertainment and fresh seafood that’ll have y’all saying, “Goodness Gracious!”, here are some of our favorite things to see, do and snap up while you’re here.
Drip Dry and Water-proof
Cast off those overcoats, scarves and sweaters. Spring has sprung and you’ll want to be able to hit the beach at a moments notice. May is also when the locals kick off our high season with an all-out, but very friendly water war known as Beach Bum Parade. You and your wardrobe may be all wet, but the laughs and the smiles will ensure you’re cute and giggly. Keep it beachy and breezy with our new Mermaid Cottages shirts, tees and caps at Seaside Sisters.
Be A Part of the Artsy Crowd
Whether you sing it, act it, sculpt it, paint it or cover it in sand, it’s still art. Get tickets to the best live shows in town at Tybee Post Theater and Tybee Arts Association. Then, explore intimate and cozy cottages and splendid beach abodes with Tybee Island Tour of Homes and get that swing with Jazz at the Beach!
… read more
A visit to Tybee Island is sure to give your hearts a flutter and when it’s around Valentine’s Day, it’s even easier to let your love grow. Here are our five ways for Tybee to enhance your romance!
1. Pop some tags. Every couple loves to steal away for out of town love trysts, so give the experience even more value by Shopping For Your Perfect Match and finding that perfect one of a kind memento during a leisurely stroll along the Tybee City Wide Yard Sale!
2. Give your special weekend a soundtrack by taking in a live performance at Tybee Post Theater. We suggest Ladies of the Blues opening Saturday, February 13. Savannah legend Huxsie Scott will share the stage with the talented Danielle Hicks and their playlist will be full of emotion, passion and excitement! Tickets are $25 general admission; $22.50 for Theater members…. read more
Get packed for Tybee Island in February! We eat. We dance. We sing. We party. We run. We walk. We act up. We act out. You know, pretty much the same things we do any other time of year. You’ll want to be prepared and ready to enjoy lots of winter fun in our beautiful and historic hamlet by the sea and here’s a helpful list of what you’ll need.
1. For starters, yes, you’ll need a swimsuit. In fact, make it a red, one-piece. A remake of BAYWATCH will be filming on Tybee and they’re looking for males and females in swimsuits and summer wear. Besides, you’ll want to look cute in case you run into The Rock or Zack Efron, right?
2. Sparkle plenty. Hey, it’s Mardi Gras, so pack lots of gold, green and purple and lots of feathers, boas, tiaras, masks and glitter. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to add beads when you get here…. read more
The Shark Tooth Fairy is coming to Tybee and that means more Fall fun for everyone! Won’t it be fun to enjoy another family friendly adventure at the beach? It’s all happening on Sunday, October 18th, so come be a part of our 1st Annual Tybee Island Shark Tooth Fossil Hunt. This fun event is great for kids and those who are kids at heart. It’s going to be educational and proceeds from the tickets will benefit the Tybee Island Marine Science Center. Tickets are limited to 1000, so get yours now from the great folks at Stafford Promotions!
This shark tooth fossil hunt will take place on our beautiful North Beach and we’ll be searching for prehistoric Mako, Bull, Sand, Great White, Snaggletooth and MEGALODON sharks’ teeth. The “Shark Tooth Fairy” himself, Mike Harris, is donating many large Megalodon teeth and he’ll be here to help identify the sharks teeth found.
There will even be two designated zones to search so that kids ages 2-6 can be accompanied by their adults and those 7-12 can have their own area with adults watching from outside their designated zone…. read more