Mermaid Cottages is celebrating the success of our programs to benefit Save The Elephants. The Elegance of Elephants: The Art of Conservation is our next fundraiser where you can also help us support wildlife conservation around the world. Over the next few months, we’ll be offering extraordinary paintings from our very successful arts community to our guests and supporters by raffle. Raffle tickets for each painting are $10 each. You can purchase as many tickets as you’d like up to our cap of 100 tickets per painting. Proceeds will help fundyour Save The Elephants programs throughout the year.
Our first painting to be raffled is this brilliant offering from Bellamy. Bellamy Murphy’s art has been displayed in many style and design books and magazines, including Southern Living, Coastal Living and Redbook. Her pieces bring the magic and the life of our Low Country life to many of our historic cottages and her art is always treasured by collectors.
This stunning piece is 12 x 12 and is instantly recognizable as a Bellamy creation. Bellamy’s piece will be available for raffle September 1 through September 30, 2015. Again, each ticket is $10 with a maximum of 100 tickets to be sold. Please make your checks payable to Mermaid Cottages and mail them to Mermaid Cottages, P.O. Box 2677, Tybee Island GA 31328…. read more
The Elegance of Elephants: An Afternoon Safari Soiree is the first production of our new sponsorship with Save The Elephants. Relentless poaching is threatening Africa’s elephants as their lives are taken for their tusks. Last year more than 30,000 elephants were illegally poached. This equates to one elephant every twenty minutes. Save The Elephants relies on donations from individuals and foundations to fund its work to secure a future for elephants.
On Sunday, May 17th, renowned artist Bellamy Murphy will host this very important fundraiser at her Isle of Hope home. This is the first time Bellamy has opened her home for such an event, so you can understand how important your passion and support is to our cause. Many supporters, conservationists and philanthropists have joined together to produce this inaugural afternoon safari soiree.
- Sunday, May 17th, 3-6 p.m., Bellamy Murphy, 3 Wymberly Point Road, Isle of Hope
- Limited to 200 guests only at $100 per person
- Light Hors D’oeuvres presented by Elizabeth’s on 37th
- Savannah Bloody Mary’s presented by Executive Chef Jeremy Diehl of Elizabeth’s on 37th and Savannah Bloody Mary Mix
- Complement of wines presented by National Distributing Company
- Original Bellamy Art presented by the artist with a portion of the sales going to Save the Elephants to combat the poaching of these elegant elephants and to sponsor a Kenyan girl to go to Secondary school for four years.
- Elegant attire of Caftan Casual or Safari Chic
- Inquiries and information to email@example.com or 912 313 0784
… read more