What You Can Do To Help Our Island Environment When You Visit to Mermaid Cottages on Tybee Island
– Slay “Vampire Power” by turning off all lights, TVs, DVDs & computers when not in
– Use the outdoor clothesline to dry your clothes (they smell good too!)
– Open the windows turn on the ceiling fans and enjoy the ocean breezes!
– Use Cold, not Hot in the washing machine
– Draw your curtains/blinds during the heat of the day
Save Fuel and Drive Less
– Walk, ride bikes, rent scooters or electric cars!
– Save gas and have more fun — Tybee is better enjoyed moving SLOW!
– Glass, plastic, cans, newspapers: use the home’s green recycling container
– Take your own bags to the grocery store
– Use Dish Cloths and cloth napkins and less paper products
– While brushing teeth, turn water off, and use a cup of water to cleanse mouth of
– Use dishwasher only when completely full with dirty dishes
– Take shorter showers with tepid water
What Mermaid Cottages Is Doing To Help Our Island Environment
– Installing Compact Fluorescent light bulbs in all of our homes
– Lo-flow water-saving devices are installed in all bathrooms and outdoor showers
– All our cleaning products are eco-friendly
– Energy audits for all our homes to see how we can save more energy
– Planting drought resistant and local plants to help conserve water