What You Can Do To Help Our Island Environment When You Visit to Mermaid Cottages on Tybee Island
• Slay “Vampire Power” by turning off all lights, TVs, DVDs & computers when not in
• Use the outdoor clothesline to dry your clothes (they smell good too!)
• Open the windows turn on the ceiling fans and enjoy the ocean breezes!
• Use Cold, not Hot in the washing machine
• Draw your curtains/blinds during the heat of the day
Save Fuel and Drive Less
• Walk, ride bikes, rent scooters or electric cars!
• Save gas and have more fun — Tybee is better enjoyed moving SLOW!
• Glass, plastic, cans, newspapers: use the home’s green recycling container
• Take your own bags to the grocery store
• Use Dish Cloths and cloth napkins and less paper products
• While brushing teeth, turn water off, and use a cup of water to cleanse mouth of
• Use dishwasher only when completely full with dirty dishes
• Take shorter showers with tepid water
What Mermaid Cottages Is Doing To Help Our Island Environment
• Installing Compact Fluorescent light bulbs in all of our homes
• Lo-flow water-saving devices are installed in all bathrooms and outdoor showers
• All our cleaning products are eco-friendly
• Energy audits for all our homes to see how we can save more energy
• Planting drought resistant and local plants to help conserve water