Be sure to add Tybee Beach Ecology Trips to your Fall Fun list when you visit. Pirates may be invading the island by this weekend, but a period of “spring tides” arrive first and that means the low tide level will be lower than average. Low tide is when Dr. Joe introduces you to some of our most reclusive residents. Make your beach trip more than just a trip to the beach. Make it a valuable experience while discovering and learning about the animals and habitats of Georgia’s beaches and barrier islands.
So, why is Tybee Beach Ecology so interesting?
- Overlap of cold-water and tropical species
- Additional species with seasonal changes
- Nearby rivers, estuaries, and marshes
- Nearby offshore reefs and hard bottoms
- Lots of sandy intertidal area
- Jetties and tide pools
Tybee Beach Ecology Trips are fun ways to actively discover and learn about the variety of beach animals found along our southeastern coastline. Travel along …