Yes, it’s cold and that’s why we love our Tybee bun warmers. It may be downright freezing where you are, but on Tybee one thing’s for sure. The sun will come out tomorrow. If not today’s tomorrow it’ll be out the next. For those iffy days when the sun is up and the temperatures are down, we just back up to a fire pit, an electric fireplace or even sprawl out on a deck with our cheeks to the sky. Just where does one find all of these extravagances in the dead of winter? At Mermaid Cottages on Tybee Island!
- There’s a picket-fenced yard for your pets. An awesome front screened porch for sitting, morning coffee and evening cocktails. TVs in every bedroom and an electric fireplace!
- This classic family beach house sits directly on the beach! Guests love the incredible ocean views and the spectacular sunrises! This ideal beach getaway even has an electric fireplace to keep you warm and tasty. Crabby Jo’s is located directly behind Doyle’s, making this the perfect winter retreat for families traveling together. Rent both to be together at the beach, but separate when you want to be.
- This historic Tybee raised cottage has been beautifully restored. Located in the Back River District, it’s a very easy walk to AJ’s Dockside Restaurant, the Alley III Kayak Launch and the Back River Fishing Pier. With a fenced- in yard, lots of local art and an electric fireplace it’s a fine cold weather hideaway!
- This is an original Tybee raised cottage that’s filled with vintage charm, modern conveniences and ocean views. This newest addition to novelist Mary Kay Andrews’ beach cottage collection is named after the beach house in her New York Times bestselling “Summer Rental”. Just think of how many MKA novels you can enjoy right in front of the fireplace with an electric firebox!
- This is a bright and cheerful cottage with a screened porch, a fenced-in yard and partial marsh views from the back deck and porch. Guests love it’s comfy beds for snuggling and a simply decadent fire pit for luxurious night time gatherings. It’s also pet friendly, full of art and located just one block from AJ’s Dockside Restaurant.
- This ground level, four bedroom cottage is perfect for families or girls’ getaways. You’ll indulge along your own private dock that sits directly on Horsepen Creek. Here, you’ll enjoy bird watching, crabbing and fishing right off the dock. Enjoy your morning coffee out there or while lounging within the pet friendly, fenced yard. Light up a fire in the den’s fireplace and in the terra cotta chiminea outside!
- This pet friendly cottage has a wonderful large screened porch! It’s right next door to Blue Star Cottage and two cottages away from Blues Away Cottage. Multiple families traveling together love this location and it’s only four blocks from the beach.
- Bright, cheerful and exactly how an authentic beach cottage should feel. This pet friendly cottage has a fence yard and a delicious electric fireplace to enjoy in the back sun room.
- This classic and historic Tybee raised cottage has a gorgeous wrap around porch, a large fenced in yard with a fire pit and a spa tub. It’s just two blocks from the beach which makes it ideal for a family or a Big Chill Friends weekend!
Now, these are just a few places where you’ll find Tybee bun warmers. Each cottage is a treat and our cottage charm and coastal calm makes winter the perfect season to get warm and toasty on Tybee Island!