Tybee Island has a lot in store for the 2011 spring and summer season, but there are some cool things going on right this minute, too! The weather is a bit more normal, in the fifties, and our days have been beautiful. If you are in need of a day at the beach, you are in luck! The Ocean Plaza Resort is offering free parking! They are offing up their 15th Street lot for free parkingto the community from now through March 31st, so there’s no excuse! Come out and enjoy our beautiful island now!
This weekend has fun in store as well. Saturday, January 29th, is the Tybee Water Fair! We all know conservation is important to our environment, and it’s just smart to boot! Have you been wanting to start helping out, but just didn’t know where to start? Have no idea what collecting rain water is all about, or are you just curious of new ways to keep your conservation efforts going? You can get all of those answers and more at the Tybee Water Fair! This event it fun for the family, and best of all? It’s free!There will be demonstrations, exhibits, and workshops for all ages to help teach the importance of being good stewards of one of our most important natural resources…water!
- Water saving devices and practices (low flow toilets & showers & more)
- Native plants, xeriscaping, shallow wells, rain barrels and cisterns
- The Floridan aquifer, grey water, ground water contamination
- Hands on workshops and contests for kids
- First Gracie Lou Water Glass Music Trophy will be awarded for the best music on water glasses (anyone of any age may enter.
- You may bring your own water glasses and props, or use ours)
- “Saving Water” Poster Contest for Kids from 4 to 12 years old (Bring 8.5 inch by 11 inch Entries to Tybee Gym at 10 a.m. on 1/29 – judging will be at 11 a.m.)
- Over 50 Door Prizes plus drawing for dual flush toilet (includes installation!)
For more information about the day and a Schedule of Events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Savannah Greensource website or Facebook Page! It’s going to be a lot of fun. And what better way to spend a beautiful day on our island than by learning how to hep the environment? Come on out and learn along with the rest of us…hope to see you there!