At Mermaid Cottages, we love it when you’re our guests…and that includes our pet guests, too!
With a little pre-planning and a handy checklist you’re sure to have everything you need and your pet will thank you.
* Calculate your traveling time so you can prepare to take pet rest stops at least every 2 hours.
* Don’t feed your pet before starting out for a long journey to reduce the chance of motion sickness.
* Make sure you have your vet’s contact information and that you pack any pet meds needed.
* Make sure your pet’s ID tags are up to date with their vaccination information and your correct address and phone number.
* Pack both wet and dry foods your pet is used to. Vacation is not the time to experiment with your pets digestion.
* Pack leashes, toys, rawhides, treats, grooming supplies, food and water bowls, etc.
* Definitely make sure you pack waste bags and clean up after your pets potty breaks.
Once you get to Mermaid Cottages you’ll find fresh, all natural Beach Bum Biscuits Dog Treats and our now famous Guest Pet Tags. Just taking a little extra time to make sure you’ve thought of everything your pet needs to enjoy his vacation will make for lots of pet smiles for everyone!